Kelantan and Terengganu is located in East Coast of West Malaysia. Both of the state have nice beaches, shopping place and others. Let's talk about all the things in two state.
Kelantan and Terengganu have higher population of Malay Muslim people. But there are smaller groups of Buddhist, Christian and Hindu in this two state.
Kelantan have mix culture with Thai while Terengganu also have mixed culture. But have very small group of Thai in this state compare to Kelantan.
Both of the state doesn't have much nightlife compare to other state in Malaysia. However, Kelantan known as 'food heaven' because all restaurant opens till very late at night (until 2am). But Terengganu doesn't have much food at night.
Alcohol drinks can be found in Chinese restaurant. You can't find alcohol drinks in malls, Malay restaurant, Malay shops and any Muslim owned shops or restaurant.
Kelantan is the only state which doesn't have any highway with tolls. While Terengganu have highway with tolls.
In Kelantan, major highway is as follows:
- Kota Bharu-Kuala Krai old highway (route 8)
- Kota Bharu-Kuala Krai new highway (coming soon)
- Kota Bharu-Pengkalan Kubor highway (route 3 and 134)
- Kota Bharu-Kuala Terengganu highway (along route 3)
- Salor highway (from Kubang Kerian to Pasir Mas)
In Terengganu, major highway is as follows:
- Kuala Terengganu-Kota Bharu highway (along route 3)
- Kuala Terengganu-Kuantan highway (along route 3)
- Jalan Pantai
- LPT2 (highway with tolls. Begins 10km from Kuala Terengganu till Karak highway)
In Kelantan, you can find hotels with elevators as low as RM99/night. Price may vary depend on season. Hotels without an elevator can be found as low as RM30/night.
In Terengganu, you can find hotels with elevators as low as RM299/night. Price may vary depend on season. Hotels without an elevator can be found as low as RM40/night.
Please don't expect the room is very clean. Rooms can be a bit dirty, even 3 star hotel and above.
- Roti Titab
- Nasi Kerabu (blue rice with some veges)
- Khao Jam (South Thailand food. Green rice with some veges)
- Nasi Lauk ayam/ikan/daging
- Nasi Dagang ayam/ikan/daging
- Udang celup tepung (can be found near the beach along Jalan Pantai)
- Nasi Dagang Terengganu (almost the same version as in Kelantan)
Most Malay people can find everywhere, even smaller towns in Kelantan and Terengganu.
Most Chinese people can be found within Kota Bharu, Wakaf Bharu, Pasir Pekan, Tumpat, Pasir Mas, Tanah Merah, Kuala Krai, Gua Musang and Bachok in Kelantan while Terengganu is at Kuala Terengganu and some parts within riverside.
Indian people can be found within Kota Bharu and Kuala Terengganu and it is the smallest group in Kelantan and Terengganu.
Thai people can be found near to Thai border (Thailand).